Applying to the Toledo Academy of Beauty is similar to applying for a job! Each class has twelve students - so that's twelve spots for us to fill. In order for us to narrow down the applicants, we hold tours! We want to make sure that this school is the best fit for you. Coming to tour does not automatically guarantee a spot in the class. Think of the tour as your interview with the instructor. Dress professionally, arrive on time/early, make sure your phone is on silent, bring the required documents, make sure you have a babysitter - you want to give a great first impression! Your instructor wants to know that the time and effort they put into teaching will be going towards someone who wants to do great things.
1. Read through the course page that you are interested in for information on pricing and class schedule. Check to see when the next class begins and make sure that it fits in with your personal schedule.
2. If you need more information - fill out the contact form.
3. If you're applying for FAFSA, visit the Financial Aid page.
4. Fill out a Student Application HERE.
5. Call in 419-693-7257 or use the contact form to be put on the upcoming class Tour List. Tours are typically held two months prior to the class start date (for example: the class start date is in April, we will hold tours in February for that class.)
6. For your tour be sure to bring a valid State ID and your High School Diploma or GED.
APPLICATION PROCESS FAQ
1. Q: I recently applied to your school and haven't received a phone call yet. How do I schedule my tour?
A: Once we receive your application, a response email is sent letting you know that your application was received. Tours are typically held two months before the start date of the class. When that time is coming close - we will contact everyone who applied for that class to schedule your tour appointment.
2. Q: Why do I need to bring my diploma or GED, and a valid state ID?
A: In order to enroll you in our class, State Board of Cosmetology requires that we submit these documents. We ask you to bring them with you on your tour for two reasons. 1 - so that we don't run into problems getting a copy from you if you have a seat in the class, potentially delaying us enrolling you. And 2 - if you forget to bring what we ask you to bring to your tour, you've arrived unprepared to your tour. Will you be arriving unprepared to class? Will you forget to do assigned homework or projects?
3. Q: When do you make the decisions on who is in the class?
A: Our tour window for each class is always a pre-determined set of dates. Once that window has closed, we will make the decisions and send an email to everyone who toured with whether or not they have a seat.
4. Q: Why did I not receive a seat in your class?
A: There are a list of reasons that may have contributed towards you not receiving a seat in the class. Each class has 12 seats. We typically have more than 12 potential students applying - so unfortunately not everyone who applies will have a seat. Just because you did not receive a seat does not necessarily mean you did anything to negatively impact your chances - its simply that we don't have enough seats for everyone. The things we take into consideration include: Were you on time to your tour - or were you late or did you No Call No Show your appointment? Were you dressed professionally? Did you bring the documents we asked for? Was your FAFSA completed before the tour (only applies to Esthetics class)? How was your attitude during the tour - were you excited and did you ask questions, or were you bored and uninterested? Not receiving a seat in the class you applied to should not discourage you from applying to future classes!
4. Q: When do I start paying?
A: On Orientation Day your $75 Registration Fee is due. This fee is nonrefundable, and holds your spot in the class. On your first day of class, your first payment toward tuition is due (if applicable.)